Thursday, November 21, 2013

What to Do About Impatience

Have you noticed the impact of the conditioning of our hurry hurry life these days. Impatience is up strongly now isn't it. You may feel it yourself from time to time, I know I have. 

This is something that is a difficult challenge in our times - partly because of the technology we have that tends to give us instantaneous feedback or answers to questions. Granted, those answers may not always be right or applicable in our circumstances but they are answers. 

So - what to do about impatience. I recommend you add something to your life - something that is not possible to acquire. Meaning - ask yourself a question, "What is the total meaning of life?" Or something that you know you can never know the answer to completely and just write it down and post it someplace that you see. 

It is intended to make you smile and to remind you that all the answers are not available all the time. Just as, all the immediate things you want and need are not always available all the time. 

Humor, ultimately, may be the answer - meaning laughter. We will have what we need when the time is right and is it always right? Sometimes the laughter is the answer. 


Goodlife

2 comments:

Kirsten K said...

Thank you! As a performing artist, choreographer & dance teacher I am always everyday reminded of this - slow down, stick to what I know and the rest will come together...magically. It always does, especially when I let go and allow the pace to flow naturally. I can only push so much, and the direction I give is just that, a give & take.

Robert Shapiro said...

Thank you Kirsten for sharing your knowledge and wisdom here. Experience is often a valuable teacher.

Goodlife my friend.